January 30, 2009

My Studio is at 413 Pendleton St. in Columbia, SC. It's in a district of downtown known as the Congaree Vista, an old warehouse and industrial area which has been transformed into an arts, entertainment, and restaurant/bar center of the city. I share the building with 10 other artists, each with our individual studios. In addition, the building includes an excellent gallery space where we hold our own shows several times a year and which we rent out for other shows and events at other times. Behind the building is a lovely wooded area with a creek running down one side and the Congaree River a little further down. A paved path runs from the building through the woods for a little ways.  Nice place to take a break and listen to the birds.

To visit the studio/gallery website, which includes a calendar of events, go to Stormwaterstudios.org

I am a full-time artist and so go to my studio almost every weekday and occasionally on weekends. It's a perfect working environment for me, and I feel very lucky to be a part of the artist-group at Stormwater Studios. Here are some images of me at work in my studio:





















No comments: